Client connects > < server sends version string (Use 3.3 only) Client replies with actual verison string > < server sends security type; NONE Client send ClientInit (shared flag) > < sever sens ServerInit (server details) WxHxD Name === standard stuff ===
- unmodified vncviewer connects to a multiplexer screen
- server (in inetd mode) first spawns a Xvnc (in inetd mode) which does a login authentication and finds an existing desktop or spawns a new one saves the port and exists
- server then connects to the new desktop port and does the VNC handshake. Sends client Desktop change and name change messages
- Forwards everything...
- User points command to a server.
- Script selects a new port.
- Ssh to server, look for vnc session, or spawn new one.
- netcat to vnc session.
- Listen to to new port, and netcat to ssh.
- vncviewer to netcat port.
We use only v3.3 because we don't want to mess with security types. Security should be handled by SSH tunnel.
Check if user can login