Flatpak is a utility for software deployment and package management for
Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users
can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system.
Flatpak was developed as part of the freedesktop.org project and was
originally called xdg-app …
In 15 minutes, you can develop a virtual reality application and run
it in a web browser, on a VR headset, or with Google Daydream.
The key is A-Frame, an open source toolkit built
by the Mozilla VR Team.
Open this link
using Chrome or Firefox on your …
Keep your data and accounts safe by using a secure open source
password manager to store unique, complex passwords.
Maintaining complex, unique passwords for each site and service you
use is among the most common pieces of advice that security
professionals provide to the public every year.
Yet no matter …
- nfs-utils autofs
- dejavu-sans-fonts dejavu-sans-mono-fonts dejavu-serif-fonts
- bitmap-console-fonts bitmap-fixed-fonts bitmap-fonts-compat bitmap-lucida-typewriter-fonts
- ucs-miscfixed-fonts urw-fonts
- webcore-fonts webcore-fonts-vista
- liberation-mono-fonts liberation-sans-fonts liberation-serif-fonts
- bitstream-vera-sans-fonts bitstream-vera-serif-fonts
- mplayer ffmpeg alsa-utils
- xsensors xfce4-sensors-plugin
Building RPM packages with …
- travis cordova build
- travis ionic build
- muninlite (can it support plugins?)
- flock, pwgen, ifstat
- diags&tools: usbutils, netstat-nat
- sniffer: tcpdump[-mini] 317K/617K, libpcap 191K
- DNSMASQ: DHCP + DNS
- NTP server
- Dynamic DNS updating (mushu porker)
- IPv6 tunnel
- Provisioning server: (PXE, TFTP, NFS …
So we bough a Philips 50PFK6540. This is a 50" TV with
Ambi Ligh and
One of the things I wanted to do from the very start was to load my own APKs. This was not
possible until a recent (2016) update that enabled the "Install from Unknown …
So I finally tried my hand at 3D printing. Obviously I did not buy at 3D printer. These are either quite expensive or you need to assemble them yourself, which I don't think is in my capacity level.
To get started, you first need a 3D model to print. There …
This article goes over how to implement Single-Sign-On
on Linux. It goes over the integration around
the Kerberos service and the applications, like for example
- Kerberos Domain Controller (KDC)
- User accounts in the KDC
- KDC based logins
To make sure that this is working, login to your workstation …
A quick and dirty mini-howto to setup a proxy on Ubuntu.
This is meant mostly for doing quick setup of a proxy
on a cloud environment.
- Install Squid with the following command at the Linux command prompt:
sudo apt-get install squid
- Edit the Squid config file in
/etc/squid adding …