Flatpak is a utility for software deployment and package management for Linux. It is advertised as offering a sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system. Flatpak was developed as part of the freedesktop.org project and was originally called xdg-app …
Post tagged: browser
This page is used for testing some pelican and markdown extensions I added.
OK, this is awkward... I am not sure if this is needed.
del and .
test mark tags …
These tips are for void linux as that is the distro I am using nowadays.
- mate tricks: change background from cli
dconf write /org/mate/desktop/background/picture-filename "'PATH-TO-JPEG'"
- web page to check if your browser is html5 compliant:
- Add to startup …
Keep your data and accounts safe by using a secure open source password manager to store unique, complex passwords.
Maintaining complex, unique passwords for each site and service you use is among the most common pieces of advice that security professionals provide to the public every year.
Yet no matter …
- fast boot
- Snap windows to border/windows
- Next style file manager
- TkDesk : Note, it use [incr tcl]
- TkMC : Basic file browser functionality
- TOXFile: Another file manager
Notification and Tray areas
- media player
- photo/video manager (or webapp)
- office apps (open365.io)
- ah …
- nfs-utils autofs
- dejavu-sans-fonts dejavu-sans-mono-fonts dejavu-serif-fonts
- bitmap-console-fonts bitmap-fixed-fonts bitmap-fonts-compat bitmap-lucida-typewriter-fonts
- ucs-miscfixed-fonts urw-fonts
- webcore-fonts webcore-fonts-vista
- liberation-mono-fonts liberation-sans-fonts liberation-serif-fonts
- bitstream-vera-sans-fonts bitstream-vera-serif-fonts
- mplayer ffmpeg alsa-utils
- xsensors xfce4-sensors-plugin
- muninlite (can it support plugins?)
- flock, pwgen, ifstat
- diags&tools: usbutils, netstat-nat
- sniffer: tcpdump[-mini] 317K/617K, libpcap 191K
- DNSMASQ: DHCP + DNS
- NTP server
- Dynamic DNS updating (mushu porker)
- IPv6 tunnel
- Provisioning server: (PXE, TFTP, NFS …
So I finally tried my hand at 3D printing. Obviously I did not buy at 3D printer. These are either quite expensive or you need to assemble them yourself, which I don't think is in my capacity level.
To get started, you first need a 3D model to print. There …
This article goes over how to implement Single-Sign-On on Linux. It goes over the integration around the Kerberos service and the applications, like for example FireFox.
- Kerberos Domain Controller (KDC)
- User accounts in the KDC
- KDC based logins
To make sure that this is working, login to your workstation …
When trying to get on-to the IPv6 Internet, here are a couple of links to do diagnostics:
This actually contain generic network tools.
Confirm if your browser is connecting through IPv6
Check also DNS
A quick and dirty mini-howto to setup a proxy on Ubuntu. This is meant mostly for doing quick setup of a proxy on a cloud environment.
- Install Squid with the following command at the Linux command prompt:
sudo apt-get install squid
- Edit the Squid config file in