Post tagged: boot
As part of my small project of movng my Z-Wave Hub to a Raspberry PI, I got an X728 kit. This has:
- UPS controller board
- RTC circuit
- Battery and Power control board
- Cooling fan
- Additional Battery holder
The case has holes for wall-mounting.
The Geekworm X728 kit is …
This recipe is for setting virtualization on a voidlinux desktop.
Use this setup script to set things up on void linux.
Connecting to libvirtd
virt-manager commands connect to different
sessions by defauult.
virsh defaults to
It is better …
The point of this recipe is to create a encrypted file sytem so that when the disc is disposed, it does not need to be securely erased. This is particularly important for SSD devices since because of block remapping (for wear levelling) data can't be overwritten consistently.
The idea is …
I made the switch to void linux. Except for compatibility
glibc, it works quite well. Most compatibility
I have worked around with a combination of
The high lights of void linux:
- musl build - which is very lightweigth
- Does not depend on
Alpine Linux Quick installation
See wiki For Alpine Linux > 3.8
- Un-comment community repo from
- apk add docker
- rc-update add docker boot
- service docker start
Optional: (docker compose)
apk add docker-compose
Note 2021-03-21: When I tested this, the
daemon.json did not
work! Your mileage may vary …
- fast boot
- Snap windows to border/windows
- Next style file manager
- TkDesk : Note, it use [incr tcl]
- TkMC : Basic file browser functionality
- TOXFile: Another file manager
Notification and Tray areas
- media player
- photo/video manager (or webapp)
- office apps (open365.io)
- ah …
- DVD player
- Bluetooth receiver
good keyboard bindings
- how to exit games
- convert probox into binding keys
- where are key codes saved
- Write image:
- gunzip < retropie-4.3-rpi2_rpi3.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sde bs=4M
- Configure config.txt
- Boot and configure keyboard
- D-Pad => D-Pad
- start …
- muninlite (can it support plugins?)
- flock, pwgen, ifstat
- diags&tools: usbutils, netstat-nat
- sniffer: tcpdump[-mini] 317K/617K, libpcap 191K
- DNSMASQ: DHCP + DNS
- NTP server
- Dynamic DNS updating (mushu porker)
- IPv6 tunnel
- Provisioning server: (PXE, TFTP, NFS …
It is possible to migrate the whole array to larger drives (e.g. 250 GB to 1 TB) by replacing one by one. In the end the number of devices will be the same, the data will remain intact, and you will have more space available to you.
Extending an …
Last weekend I had a small weekend project to move my All-In-One Printer/Scanner from my Xen host server to a spare NAS200 I had lying around. Since the NAS200 has a i486 compatible CPU, and I had been able to run a CentOS 5 distro before, I figure it …
Assist is my archlinux scripted installation script.
By default it gives you a menu driven archlinux installation with supposedly sensible defaults.
It has command line hooks so that you can perform automated installs using bash scripts to customize it.
It can be deployed from the …
I am still to test this recipe
First of all, we must install the following components:
- A DHCP server to assign IP addresses to our diskless nodes.
- A TFTP server to transfer the boot image (a requirement of all PXE option roms).
- A form of network storage (NFS …
A bunch of recipes useful for an ArchLinux system environment.
Mostly around system administration.
Custom Repos and Packages
In the repo directory, put all the packages in there.
repo-add ./custom.db.tar.gz ./*
[custom] SigLevel = [Package|Databse]Never|Optional|Required Server = path-to-repo
repo-remove. A …
Kerberos is a network authentication protocol which works on the basis of "tickets" to allow nodes communicating over a non-secure network to prove their identity to one another in a secure manner. (Source Kerberos_(protocol) )
kdb5_util dump _dump_file_
Restore from dump file:
kdb5_util load _dump_file_